District Seven Documents
|903-887-4013 x 4|
District Seven Contest 2021 Awards Ceremony posted 3/2/21
2020 Job Exhibit Awards Ceremony
Congratulations to the state qualifiers and we will see you on zoom soon!
State Registration is open now until March 24th https://www.skillsusa-register.org/
District and State Officer Elections
SkillsUSA Texas Voting Delegate registration will be open from March 10 -17. Student members must be registered with VALID email addresses in order to vote in the upcoming District and State Officer elections. Voting will take place electronically via Election Runner, so the emails used in the delegate registration will need to make sure that they do not block the ballot emails.
Voting Delegate Counts: D7 Voting Delegates 2021
To register your Voting Delegates, visit www.skillsusa-register.org and look for the Voting Delegate Registration under the Conference menu. Again, registration will open from March 10 – 17, 2021.
- Each Texas chapter, or section on your campus, is eligible to register five competitors and one team in each contest. The exception to the rule will be Total Participation Schools. If a school has 100% membership meaning all CTE students at that school campus are members of SkillsUSA Texas, that school may have six competitors in each individual contest and one team per team contest.
- Each student may enter: one individual competition OR team skilled and technical competition AND one individual competition AND one team leadership competition AND one individual health occupation competition AND one team competition. Students may enter: ONE individual job exhibit AND one chapter or multiple job exhibit.
- For 2021, the district competitions will consist of virtual testing. These tests will consist of a general safety test, employability test and a test in the technical skill area. Some Leadership contests may have a Schoology upload, but no live judging. There will not be any written tests at State contest. Students will advance to state based on test scoring.
- You will enter your student’s information including their email, not yours and enter them in the contests. Once you hit submit the invoice will automatically be emailed to the advisor’s email. If you need to make a change to your invoice please contact: [email protected]
- Reminder that Job Exhibits will be registered ONLY for State contest this year, not district.
- After registration closes on Jan 22, we will verify the information and membership. The week of Jan 24th the emails with the Schoology log in will be sent out.
- Competition starts on Feb 1st, if your students do not receive the Schoology log in email by Jan 29th please contact your district director.
The Schoology log in will automatically enroll the students in the courses for the contests they are registered for competition. If there is an upload required for the contest the submission process will be in that course in Schoology.
- No late registration will be allowed. Payments for district invoices are due no later than Mar 1st and should be sent to: P O Box 1388 Mabank, TX 75147
Virtual Resources – Valuable information posted and updated often on this page. Please check back regularly.
- Orientation video to know what to expect of the proctoring process before taking tests on camera-it is very important that all competitors watch before district testing starts.
- District testing schedule in list and calendar form. All districts will test for a contest at the same time, for example: Basic Health Care registrants will log into a zoom meeting on Thursday, February 4rd, 2021 at 8:00am to take the employability, safety and skills tests.
- Contest resources: study material for written test, format of contest, who to contact for questions
- Scholarship, Advisor of the Year and Officer applications
- Town Hall Meetings
- Connect Information
How to Sign Into Schoology
Go to https://skillsusatx.schoology.com Go to sign up. Advisors will start an account in Schoology as a student. You will enter group access code. Fill out the form with your information and click register.
If you already have a Schoology account
Log into your Schoology Account. Go to GROUP at the top of your page. Click My Groups and click Join a Group. You will enter the access code you receive.
District Advisor Group
2020-2021 District Advisors Group, district advisors and the state office group discussions and resources.
Under Resources you can find: Recorded Town Hall meetings, Texas Regulations, newsletters, etc.
Schoology Group Access Code: Contact your district director
Schoology has an app that you can use on your phone or tablet.
Make sure you turn on notifications so you can see updates, etc. Top right hand corner of the course page.
Make sure when you create your account that you link your calendar so you can see your assignments and other events on your calendar. Click on the drop down menu for your name in top right hand corner and choose settings. Under account settings you will see Share your Schoology Calendar. You can add Schoology events to your calendar with a URL link.
Schoology For District and State Competitions
Links or access codes will be sent after registration.
National Technical Standards
Log into www.skillsusa-register.org, you should see a technical standards icon at the bottom of the page after you log in. If you click on that icon you will be directed to: https://mycareeressentials.org. (this platform is called Absorb) Advisors will need to create an account on Absorb to access the Technical Standards. If you need help setting up that account, please contact SkillsUSA’s customer care team at 844-875-4557 for assistance. If you need further help downloading the standards once an account has been established, you can view a short instructional video at: https://youtu.be/aR9Jet0PRP8.
District directors are responsible for the information uploaded here. If you don’t see what you need contact your district director or the state office.
Texas Regulations with Texas only competitions are found on this web site. Click the link, “Texas Regulations” below to download this document. Always prepare your students by reading the newest edition of contest guidelines.
National contests are listed in the national technical standards a free download with your paid professional membership. Demonstration competitions are on the national web site. click here